Monday, 8 September 2014

Dr Internet, Graduation and College Worries

Firstly, sorry for the delay in this post. I've been actually really busy lately, with things I'm about to fill you in with. This my or may not be a long post. I'm winging it.

I think it was Tuesday, last week, I was sitting in a hospital waiting room, waiting for x-ray results and whatnot. I've been having issues with my lungs. So bad that I can't breath a majority of the time. On top of that, everything aches. Everything. All the time. Always. I think I'm dealing with it quite well. Ever since, just getting out of bed became an issue, I've cut down on my complaining. I don't think I had much of a choice, in the matter but, whatever.

Last Wednesday, I returned to my doctor, Dr Internet, I call him this because, he keeps me for ages showing me random websites. After months of being in pain and not being able to breath he came to the conclusion that I'm simply under too much stress for someone my age and then he diagnosed me with anxiety. Can you be "diagnosed" with anxiety? I don't know. Point is, I have it.

I realised how bad the anxiety was, on Thursday. My graduation. I woke up at about 10:30 that morning, then went around the house shaking in fear, until my hair appointment at 3:30. After doing all the boring girl stuff, make-up, tan etc, I arrived at our graduation location at about 7pm. Then almost fell up the stairs. Up the stairs. Which, of course, arose some giggles from the other girls outside. But whatever, I pretty much defied physics. Suck on that, bitches. Here's a picture. Aren't we super sexy?




After all that, I actually had a pretty good time. We had a nice meal, I got a pretty corsage and danced the night away. Trying to drag friends onto the dance floor, proved to be difficult but, we got there in the end. The highlight of the night, was the fact that I get to tell people I didn't get home to 11am the next morning. Now I seem like a cool, party animal. Not really.

And now, after actually graduating, I am moving onto third level education. Tomorrow, to be exact. I'm not even shitting bricks. I'm shitting full construction sites. It's not even the whole "going to college lifestyle" that scares me. It's just the new people, I have to meet. I was never any good at that. It just seems so weird, that I've been preparing for this for so long and now it's actually happening. As of, 9am tomorrow, I will officially be a college student. With a card and everything. It just feels wrong.

Sorry this post was so long winded. I think I winged it a bit too much.

I hope you're all living happy lives,

~Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment